July 19, 2011

Author Studies and Favorite Book Series/Characters

I'm working on a list of authors for the K-2 set... and I can really use some input.  


Who do you use for your Author Studies??  Which authors are in your classroom libraries??
Here's who I have brainstormed so far:

Frank Asch
Stan and Jan Berenstain
Jan Brett
Jeff Brown
Eric Carle
Beverly Cleary
Donald Crews
Tomie dePaola
Lois Ehlert
Don Freeman
Gail Gibbons
Kevin Henkes
Tana Hoban
Ezra Jack Keats
CS Lewis
Leo Lionni
Bill Martin, Jr.
Mercer Mayer
Robert Munsch
Laura Numeroff
Audrey Penn
Patricia Polacco
Dr. Seuss
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Who else would you add??

What are your favorite book series?
A-Z Mysteries
Amelia Bedelia
Arthur
Bailey School Kids
Black Lagoon
Cam Jansen
Clifford
Curious George
Franklin
Frog and Toad
Froggy
Henry and Mudge
Horrible Harry
Junie B. Jones
Magic School Bus
Magic Tree House
Nate the Great
Which other series would you add?

I promise to post the finished list after any additions!!
Can you offer any help!?  I'd really appreciate it!


Only 1 more away from a 100 follower giveaway!  Invite your friends to come join the fun!  LOL! :o)  

8 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Roald Dahl. His own life (biographies) are interesting too.

    I love Ed Emberley's stuff too!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
    Mrs. I's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have done author studies Mo Willems and Jack Prelutsky. Another favorite series would be Flat Stanley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Shannon of course! And Jim Gill... he has random books that won't tie together very well... but still amazing!

    (Did you see you hit 100? Yeah!) Also, The Clutter-Free Classroom has this as a linky party topic. I bet that list grows leaps and bounds!


    Empowering Kinders and Other Kids Too
    Empowering Little Learners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list! I can't think of anybody to add.

    I think I am your 100th follower! Congrats!

    ~*Stephanie*~
    Kinderlicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you posted this list. I recently found these authors: Doreen Cronin, Eric Litwin, Tedd Arnold, and Anna Dewdney. Oh wait and I almost forgot Laura Numeroff. How about those? :o) Love their books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Elmer Books by David McKee
    Jamaica books by Juanita Havill and Anne Sibley O'Brien

    Teachers Cannot Live By Apples Alone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little critter books! I am doing a monsters unit to study emotions and shapes. I will introduce mercer Mayer during this unit and be using the little critter books during writer's workshop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...