Classroom Library...organize it with labels: FICTION!!

If you were to take one step into my classroom, you will notice that I am in LOVE with children's books!!!  I like to spread my classroom library out throughout the room... so the kids truly know the importance of reading--everywhere you look, there are books!  I use different colored tubs for the different subject areas of my classroom library:
yellow tubs= Authors and book series
green tubs= Science
blue tubs= Math
red tubs=Social Studies
white tubs= sight word readers / beginning readers



 On each book tub in my room, I attach a large label that has an author photo and a book cover by that author. You can even attach a duplicate label to the shelf, so students know exactly where to return the book tub!  


Every book in my collection has a book label added to it before placing it into the book tub.  By having a matching visual (the author’s picture), students can independently return books to the correct book tub.  This really helps keep my Classroom Library clean and organized!!  If a book is found anywhere in the room--the kids know where to return it!  What a time-saver!

I just added my Classroom Library Labels--Fiction to TpT... I hope you'll take a peek (101 pages to get your fiction books organized)!! 
Photobucket

Wondering which labels are included?
Authors:

1.         David Adler

2.         Tedd Arnold

3.         Frank Asch

4.         Stan and Jan Berenstain
5.         Judy Blume
6.         Paulette Bourgeois
7.    Jan Brett
8.         Norman Bridwell
9.   Jeff Brown
10.    Marc Brown
11.    Eric Carle
12.    Beverly Cleary
13.    Joanna Cole
14.    Donald Crews
15.    Doreen Cronin
16.    Jamie Lee Curtis
17.    Debbie Dadey
18.    Roald Dahl
19.    Tomie dePaola
20.    Anna Dewdney
21.    Lois Ehlert
22.    Ed Emberley
23.    Denise Fleming
24.    Don Freeman
25.    Gail Gibbons
26.    Juanita Havill
27.    Kevin Henkes
28.    Tana Hoban
29.    Pat Hutchins
30.    Ezra Jack Keats
31.    Steven Kellogg
32.    Suzy Kline
33.    Betsy Lewin
34.    CS Lewis
35.    Leo Lionni
36.    Eric Litwin
37.    Arnold Lobel
38.    Jonathan London
39.    James Marshall
40.    Bill Martin, Jr.
41.    Mercer Mayer
42.    David McKee
43.    Robert Munsch
44.    Laura Numeroff
45.    Mary Pope Osborne
46.    Peggy Parish
47.    Barbara Park
48.    Todd Parr
49.    Audrey Penn
50.    Bill Peet
51.    Patricia Polacco
52.    Jack Prelutsky
53.    Margret and H.A. Rey
54.    Ron Roy
55.    Cynthia Rylant
56.    Judy Schachner
57.    Dr. Seuss
58.    Jon Scieszka
59.    David Shannon
60.    Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
61.    Mike Thaler
62.    E.B. White 
63.    Laura Ingalls Wilder
64.    Mo Willems
65.    Karma Wilson
66.    Audrey Wood


Series:
1.      A-Z Mysteries

2.      Amelia Bedelia
3.      Arthur
4.      Bailey School Kids
5.      Black Lagoon
6.      Cam Jansen
7.      Clifford
8.      Curious George
9.      Franklin
10. Frog and Toad
11. Froggy
12. Henry and Mudge
13. Horrible Harry
14. Junie B. Jones
15. Magic School Bus
16. Magic Tree House
17. Nate the Great


I'm updating my other subject labels--and will post them this week!  


PS Thanks to everyone who helped me brainstorm children's authors a couple weeks ago. I was updating my classroom library labels, so I figured I would add the ones suggested too! 

5 comments:

  1. I wish I were better organized with my books- I love your labels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!!! I bought them all, so excited to fix up my library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the link to print the library labels?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...