June 15, 2012

School's Out for Summer!

It's so hard to believe that this school year is officially over... and by officially I mean that today was my students' last day and my paperwork is finished--I am not by ANY means finished packing up my room! (Where do you think I will be tomorrow??)

Today was Z Day--Zoom Out of School on our ABC Countdown. We even got to do some Zumba with our amazing school counselor (who is also a Zumba instructor)!  We celebrated summer birthdays, enjoyed re-watching our Kindergarten memories "movie", and tried to fit as much fun and memories into a half day as humanly possible... including a whip cream pie in the face!!

(LONG story, short... my kiddos set a goal for Class Dojo:  every day with 90% or higher class behavior equaled 1 minute of Mrs. Stamp in the dunk tank at our PTO end of year carnival. They worked so hard and earned the full 20 minutes!!  Unfortunately, one of my students got a very high fever and missed the big day (and all the BIG splashes!) so I told him if Mommy supplied the whip cream, he could make the pie.  Look on his face today--priceless... and completely worth it!)


I've already started scoping Pinterest and Blogland for new and interesting ideas to try PLUS making my Ultimate Summer To-Do lists--including being a better blogger (no excuses, but this was an extremely stressful school year).  So I have a lot to make up to you... luckily I have lots of ideas up my sleeve and I can't wait to share them!  I'm also working up a giveaway since I hit 200 followers and have a blog-iversary coming up next week.  STAY TUNED!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for school being over!! Time to relax!

    Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! Happy summer vacay and congrats on 200 followers! Lauren
    Teacher Mom of3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy summer! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ~Tanya
    Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the dunk tank during student teaching. In October. In a wet suit. COLD!!!

    I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my "manly" blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...