Currently... August!

I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh Boy, 4th Grade for Currently... and I LOVE that she is doing the Rule of 3 again--that was such fun last time!  Share the Love!
Listening:  When Marlana over at Lil Country Kindergarten posted about 20% off Jack Hartmann CDs, I was so excited!  Last summer I organized all my school music into playlists on my iPod and I am looking for a few new ones to add to the collection.  Gotta love a SALE!

Loving and Thinking:  I feel like I've been on organizational overload this summer--organizing everything from my wrapping paper to bathroom supplies to crayons (my next Made it Monday project)!  It feels so good to get things in order... but it's also making me realize that the summer doesn't last forever, so I better get a move on if I want to complete my home and school to do's in the next few weeks!!

Wanting:  Like every year (lately), we still don't know the state of our assistants.  We need more kinders to register!  Keeping my fingers crossed that we will have our fabulous assistants full-time this year!!

Needing:  I'm taking a mentor class that has an online component (before class next week)... so I need to get going to make sure it gets accomplished.  (no, blog hopping is not helping!  LOL!)

B2S Must Haves:
1.  Scotch Laminator  Last summer I got this bad boy from Amazon and I don't know how I survived without it!  LOVE that it's the thick laminate... perfect for game pieces.

2.  iPod with school music (see Listening)  One of the best things I did for my teaching... I use a lot of music to teach concepts in my room. It's SO EASY to find songs now, no more flipping through tons of CDs.

3. Color Ink This is a biggie--especially since I LOVE color (yes, my room is a sea of bright ones!).   I spend way too much on colored ink.  But, I love a pop of color for work station games, class book covers, labels, etc!  SO WORTH IT!!!


Don't forget about the VA Blogger Get-Together... it's not too late to join us!! Hard to believe that it's only a week away.  Click on the graphic to sign up!  

6 comments:

  1. Definitely know what you mean about organization - I feel like I have NO organization right now... but that's my next focus because I cannot keep going without it! I, too, love my laminator! It's amazing what that little machine can accomplish for me!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been organizing this week, too. I even cleaned out the teacher workroom closet with the help of the other 4th grade teachers. Man, there were things in there 20+ years old! Sad! Love the laminator, too!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the to-do list!! I keep on crossing things off of that list only to continue to add more things to it. It is neverending! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. laminator looks great! My to-do lists seem to never get done! But if I didn't write things down, then I wouldn't even know where to start! : )

    Please stop by my blog-I have a FREEBIE for K-2 notebooks!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous that you're loving your organizational skills!! I just sit and stare at piles... begging them silently to organize themselves :)

    Hopefully soon I will be loving my organization too!

    Just found your blog :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy the transitions cd from Jack hartmann! My kids LOVE the penguin dance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...