Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Tribute to Sandy Hook Elementary

As a kindergarten teacher and parent, I cannot wrap my mind around the events of yesterday--in a school and classroom much like my own. We practice lock down drills and other emergency procedures to keep our students safe, since school should be one of the places that children feel safest. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy.

As a form of our support for the families of the teachers, principal, and students who lost their lives, I will be joining the Blog Hoppin' authors and many teacher bloggers throughout the country in a day of silence on Sunday, December 16. Simply post this image and title your post "Silence for Sandy Hook Elementary." Please join us in this simple, but powerful memorial for the precious lives lost on Friday. Thank you to Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for creating this tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...