Monday, December 3, 2012

Currently... December and a Freebie!

I'm linking up with Farley for....
Hop over and link up!!

Also, I promised a freebie yesterday..and here it is!  This is a fun way to countdown to the new year and practice an essential kindergarten skill... tying shoes!!   
Click on the graphic to download it from my TpT store. 



Copy the snowman page on colored card stock (I use light blue).  Attach a baggie of cotton balls (31) and the direction sheet to send home with your class families.  VOILA!  You now have the makings for a fluffy project to show your students they are "SNOW" Smart!  Every day your kiddos practice tying their shoes, they can add a cotton ball to the snowman.  By 2013, they should have added 31 cotton balls... and practiced tying shoes for 31 days!  

They can now (hopefully!)  be members of your class' Shoe Tying Club!!  My kiddos were SO EXCITED to try this... hope yours are too!

5 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your "Snow Smart" Shor tying idea!!! It's great to have an extra motivator helping students to want to tie their shoes. I also let my parents know at the beginning of the year that after Dec. teachers don't tie anymore shoes... and doing RAK with your 3 yr old makes it even more special! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that you were a VA blogger from Farley's linky, so I HAD to stop by! I love the idea of putting candy canes on the cars. Might have to try that when Keagan's a little older.

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,
      I hope you'll join us the next time we have a VA blogger get together--the one this summer was such fun!
      Karen :o)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the shoe-tying - I often have second graders who still can't do it - I think it's the Velcro Syndrome!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I <3 your R.A.K!

    I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    Happy Holidays!

    Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...