Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day SALE and a FREEBIE!!

Happy New Year!!
May all your dreams come true in 2013!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support in 2012... you're helping my family in so many ways!!  To thank YOU and to CELEBRATE, enjoy 20% off everything in my TpT store until 12 Midnight! 

Thank you Hope King for giving me permission to use your adorable graphic!!

Oh--don't forget to rate your prior purchases!!  You can earn TpT credits (1 credit for every $1 you spend)... and they round up!  I know I forget to check "my purchases" and do this too-- but, I know I'll be checking in today to fix that (this is also where you find out if sellers have updated their files--so you can re-download the most updated version!) 

It will be hard to head back tomorrow (the extra time with family has been priceless)... but I know the kiddos will make it easy--with their excitement for the new year! 

One of the fun activities we did last year was make Confetti Hats!!  Simply take strips of construction paper (various colors) and the kiddos write goals for the new year.  After they finish writing a bunch, glue them in a row to a sentence strip to make a hat.  The goal strips go every which way when the kids move... just like real confetti! SUCH FUN!!

This year, I'm giving each child 10 strips and they are making a Confetti COUNTDOWN Hat!  We will number the end of each strip (10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) and then glue to a sentence strip in order.  Can't wait!!

Here are some examples from my kiddos last year... I'll post pictures of this year's edition tomorrow.  :o) 
+ In 2012, I will play games.  + In 2012, I will read every day and every night.  +In 2012, I will learn to tie my shoes.  + In 2012, I'll be respectful.  + In 2012, I'll be nice.  
+ In 2012, I will help my family.  + In 2012, I will be responsible.  + In 2012, I will listen.  + In 2012, I will get better at patterns.  


Another activity we did on our 1st day back was New Year's Toast (with butter!).    I added this one as a FREEBIE on TpT... click the link below.  This is just another fun way to practice writing and goal setting--by writing on a slice of toast with butter.

Some examples from my kiddos last year:
 +I will listen to my teacher. +Write a lot!



Click below to grab this FREEBIE on TpT!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...