Five For Friday (March 8th)

It's time to link up with the fabulous Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!!

1.
We celebrated books in so many TASTY ways this week!!  I'm sure you've figured them all out...but colored goldfish (One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish), schlopp (Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!), and eggs with ham--err, turkey bacon! (Green Eggs and Ham).  Sometimes reading is SO delicious!!

2.
Don't worry... we tied lots of math and science in as well!  Before tasting something a little different (like adding coloring to something!), check if students like the "regular" variety.  This helps you to know who can be encouraged to try it.  We read Scrambled Eggs Super and graphed who likes scrambled eggs before even mentioning the green variety!

3.
We REALLY ENJOYED having two snow days in a row!!  We built a snow fort, made banana muffins, snuggled with stories and hot chocolate, made a snow lady with her snow giraffe, and so much more!  LOVED every minute (and memory!)

4.
We also read The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins and Bartholomew and the Oobleck.  I always make the cornstarch and water mixture for oobleck, but this year we tried something new--and I'm SO GLAD we did!!  We made Steve Spangler's GAK recipe.  Oh my word!!! It was a great science experiment and great fun too!  We made a batch of white and a batch of green and let everyone mix their "blobs" together.  If you haven't made this one yet... be sure to visit this link and try it!!  

5.
There's ONLY 1 hour left to enter my 100 Facebook Fan Giveaway!! You can win a $20 Amazon gift card and an item of your choice from my store.  Even more exciting.... I'm only 9 friends away from a 500 follower giveaway!!!  Won't you be my friend!?  :o)

Now it's YOUR turn to link up too!!

3 comments:

  1. Love look at that snowman!! I am soooo jealous. All we had this week was cold, yucky rain! I love your scrambled eggs art! Cuteness!!
    Kerri B
    Teacherbitsandbobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Five! The scrambled egg/green egg graphs are really neat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I snow day sounds great about now!
    I'm your newest follower. = )

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...